Need a quick rundown on costs? Each job is unique, so once we know more about what you’re after, we can give you a quote. But, in the meantime, here are some ballpark estimates for our most popular electrical services.
All prices exclude GST and are a guide only and do not include travel or materials.
Labour and travel rates
Travel fees, are charged by a zone rate from our base in Frankton, Hamilton. While we are travelling to site you are not charged for our travel time.
- Labour tradesman $75 per hour (minimum charge of one hour – includes travel time to site – charged in 15 min increments after that.
- Labour Apprentice: $44 per hour
- Zone 1 – 10km from base: $25
Zone 2 – 20kms from base: $30
Zone 3 – 30kms from base: $35
For distances outside this 30km radius we charge at a rate of $0.70 p/km. If we need to get stock from suppliers we don’t carry, time for collection will be charged.
- Install new power point in existing house with RCD (residual current device): $260
- Install new power point in existing house without RCD: $160
- Install outdoor power point (inc RCD): $275
- Install outdoor power point (exc RCD): $200
- Install new hot water cylinder power connection: $230
- Install new downlight: $80 (per unit)
- Replace existing downlights with LED: $50 (per unit)
- Replace single light switch: $32
- Install new bathroom fan (150mm inline unit): $320
- Install spa outlet: $600
- 40-way switchboard upgrade (inc all circuit protection and installation): $1,250
- Electrical inspection: $130
- Electrical Report (eg pre-purchase home inspection or certificate of verification). Includes written report on any defects and/or items requiring remedial work: $300
- Certificate of Compliance (COC)/Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC): $25
- Rewire 3-bedroom home (inc new outlets, switchboard, basic light fittings and switches): $6,000 – $8000
- Full house renovation/extension (inc all new wiring and equipment, power outlets, lighting, data, switchboard, alarm, design and plan): $13,000 – $18,000
- Garage wiring (inc 2 lights and 2 power points, switchboard and submain up to 15m): $1,300